LYNCHPiN, from the Caribbean island of Trinidad and Tobago, united in 2009 out of the desire to create heavier and darker music than the individuals’ past bands. Since then the band has become one of the most hard-working and popular metal bands in the Caribbean, due to their professional and determined attitude, destructive live show and ‘Caricore’ sound – the band’s electrifying blend of death, groove and deathcore, coloured by their unique Caribbean musical accent. This resulted in 2016 and 2017’s milestones:
• 1ST winner of the Wacken Open Air: Metal Battle – Caribbean competition
• 1ST Caribbean band to perform at the Wacken Open Air festival in Germany
• 1ST Caribbean metal band to perform at Amsterdam’s ‘The Cave’
• 1ST band to sign to the LA/Suriname-based Dead Sea Records Caribbean
• Performed at Mexico’s FocoFest Metal Festival
LYNCHPiN continues to earn fans everywhere they play, gaining recognition both for themselves and for Caribbean metal – a genre previously unknown outside of the region. They are currently writing for the 2018 album, ‘The Millennial Holocaust’, and aim to continue touring the world, blasting the sound of Caricore & Caribbean Metal as far as it can travel.